About the Campaign
- Renee is a committed church volunteer and actively involved in college and career, youth, and children’s ministries. She has also included prayer requests below.
- She has studied and interned in Massage Therapy and will take her licensing exam next summer, all as a way to pay for her education.
- Renee currently works two part-time campus jobs–one as a barista in the cafe and another as a childcare worker in the Naylor Childcare Center.
- Renee is also a skilled and passionate writer.
Having completed high school through dual credit as well as a Certification in Massage Therapy, Renee Bell is a freshman at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, studying family and consumer science.
Renee originally dreamed of working as a Massage Therapist as a stepping stone to and means of supporting herself through Chiropractic or Nursing School. However, God’s will has been made evident in her life and Renee is thrilled to pursue and fulfill her God given purpose within ministry. To read her personal testimony click here.
Renee plans on using her skills within Massage Therapy as a ministry throughout college. “I love having the ability to not only provide comfort, but to relieve both physical and emotional stress for those even unaware of the tension they carry. The human body is fascinating, as we’re fearfully and wonderfully made. It’s an amazing opportunity to promote the healing and well being of others.”, says Renee.
Since her father’s unexpected death two years ago, Renee, her mom, and little brother have moved back to Texas to be near family. Renee does not let life’s challenges interfere in her faith. Her first semester of college became difficult when her mother was suddenly hospitalized for appendicitis. Yet, Renee managed her mother’s health, her studies, and family’s needs like the strong woman she is. Although her prayers were loud, her complaints were not.
Renee requests that you would prayerfully consider supporting her financially as she pursues higher education and spiritual growth. She dreams of empowering others through physical and spiritual health as well as education.
“One of my favorite teachers once told me: ‘If you love kids, have some. But if you love to learn, teach.’ It brings me so much joy to help and see others discover, learn, and grow into the complex and unique individuals God has designed them to be.” Renee explains.
She aspires to teach Health and Life or Biblical sciences and dreams of becoming a Professor one day.
- Wisdom and discernment regarding decisions for upcoming semesters
- Finding a new community of believers to be apart of and serve along side
- Peace and healing among loss and grief
- Financial Management – to be a good steward of what I’m blessed with
- Time management between jobs and classes
- Focus and peace of mind throughout all course work as well as my Massage & Bodywork Exam studies
Renee greatly appreciates your consideration and hopes you see the value of investing in her education.
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-5
Read more about edfurther’s promise to keep your information and ensure your donation is used directly for tuition and university expenses here.